Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Life is Good!

Today is my wedding anniversary, and as if celebrating 15 years of marriage to the greatest guy in the whole world wasn't enough, I was just notified that my painting, "Ghosts of Fallen Leaves", has been juried into the North Carolina Statewide Pastel Show, On Common Ground! I am beyond honored and utterly delighted. Many thanks to juror Teresa Saia for including my work. (Doing my Happy Dance!)
© 2015 Tammy Kaufman - Ghosts of Fallen Leaves - soft pastels on Uart 600, 9" x 10"
I figured I'd add the reference photo (taken by me) since this creek meanders along one of our favorite local hiking spots and is in such a lovely area. I love where we live! My photo was taken over the winter but it had not snowed yet and I wasn't happy with the barenness of the scene so decided to add snow to the painting. :-)
Reference photo