Thursday, January 25, 2018

Sharing My Voice

It was an absolute thrill to have the editor of 27587 Magazine contact me and ask for an interview late last year. I was honored to have the opportunity to share my thoughts on art and the experiences - both positive and negative - that shaped my choices of medium and subject matter, the deep emotional response our beautiful natural world inspires in me, the role endurance mountain biking played in my becoming an artist at all, and my dedicated and steadfast policy of donating all profits from the sales of all my works to nonprofit environmental and animal rescue charities. The interview article is featured in the Winter 2018 issue, and I hope it provides a little insight into the artist I am currently, what inspires and moves me to paint, the joy I feel sharing the work of my heart with all of you, and the artist I hope to more fully become.

27587 Magazine is a fabulous glossy publication focused on Wake Forest and the surrounding area, and is available at a variety of locations locally. But for those not in the Wake Forest area, I'm delighted to share that the issue containing the article about my work is now available online. Thank you to the editor/writer and photographer from 27587 Magazine for this opportunity to share my vision and my voice.

I encourage you to visit the website for this wonderful magazine, as there are many interesting and worthwhile articles contained therein, but I've also attached a scan of my interview.

Note: For easier reading, you can click on each page individually and then use the magnifying glass icon to enlarge. :-)